Superintendent of Police, Cyber, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Balsing is a serving Police officer in Maharashtra State and also a Speaker, Researcher and Technology evangelist. He is presently pursuing Ph.D from Tata Institute Of Social Sciences, Mumbai in the subject Cyber Crimes in India.
He has strategic and technical expertise in the field of cyber security of critical infrastructures, Government Information Systems, and Cyber defense.
Some of his key achievements include:
• Building cyber-crime investigation cyber labs, Cyber Police Stations in Maharashtra State
• Development of integrated cyber security environment for Maharashtra state through Maharashtra Cyber Security Project.
• Part of Team building Maharashtra Computer Emergency Response Team
• Part of cyber security delegation of India to Israel in 2016
• Working towards building predictive policing solutions such as predicting law and order and crime mapping
• Also, involved in developing anti-piracy software solutions
• A Chevening Cyber Security Fellow of UK
• Presented research paper on “Identifying Emerging Cyber Security Challenges from National Security Perspectives” during his fellowship
• Vast experience of crime investigation supervision, and detection
• Has worked in Economic offences wing of Mumbai Police and unearthed may scams and investigated many sensitive cases
• Has taken up extremely challenging assignments in Maoist hit Areas and communal sensitive places
• During his assignments in Policing he has Maintained law and order; ensured prevention and detection of crime; and carried out investigation and supervision of serious crimes including cybercrimes and economic offences
• He has experience of handling security arrangements for smooth and peaceful conduct of Assembly and Parliamentary elections
• Presently he is also looking after the unit with a mandate to prevent atrocities against woman.
• He is also involved in capacity building efforts for cyber security and cybercrime investigation for Maharashtra Police
• He has conducted training courses on scientific investigation, cybercrime investigation, mobile and computer forensics, gender sensitization, and prevention of atrocities against woman.